Tuesday, November 8, 2016

NOT political!

Something I learned this morning...early follows of Jesus, both Jews and Gentiles, were called, in our English, Messianic. They were part of the Messianic Community; they recognized 'The Anointed One' who was referred to in the 'Old' Covenant, or more correctly, First Covenant, 'Messiah' which comes directly from the Hebrew word for 'Anointed One'; Christ, which is the Greek for Anointed One.
The community was following and recognizing the Anointed One, the Messiah, and they made up the Messianic Community.
I AM Messianic. I have been grafted into the Olive Tree. Some of the original branches have fallen off, but will one day be restored.
I, who am not 'originally' part of that great Olive Tree, have been grafted in, I AM part of it now. I've NOT 'replaced' the original branches, only been grafted in as PART of it.
May we follow the Messiah in such a way to 'provoke' Jews to want to know Him and accept Him as the One they have been waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment